The Deskside Support Engineer provides end-user support across the organization’s desktop, network, telephony, and application(s) environment. The candidate will maintain, analyze, troubleshoot and repair/replace/upgrade computer systems, hardware, software, and computer peripherals, as well as serve as an escalation point to ensure tickets/incidents are resolved according to SLAs. The position requires excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving capabilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent proven skills in service management fundamentals with hands-on expertise in Problem Management, Incident Management, RCA & Ticket Analysis for deskside scoped equipment.
- To support/troubleshoot the local servers and network devices with the help of the Network and Servers team remotely. Intermediate knowledge and understanding of Network, Server & Voice infrastructure for strong troubleshooting & problem resolution skills. Adept at Ping & Tracert Analysis, voice infrastructure at deskside level, capturing AD GP test outputs for analysis, troubleshooting DNS resolution errors, use of net commands, IP config, etc. & maintaining Hub room and Data Center Structured Cabling.
- Hands-on experience on End-user computing like Desktops, Laptops, Hard Phones, Wifi devices, etc. on both Hardware & Software aspects.
- Hardware – expertise in replacing motherboard, SMPS, RAM, Laptop LCD Screen, Laptop keyboard, Avaya hard phone config. Video Conferencing equipment etc.
- Software- OS level troubleshooting in Win 7 & Win 10, MS Office 2013 & Above package, Outlook config, Skype For Business, One Drive, Softphone, Antivirus troubleshooting, HDD to HDD Imaging / Ghosting, Printer, Scanner, Bio Metric, Data Encryptions, VPN troubleshooting, Wifi Config, Video Conferencing. Firmware updates for deskside equipment like Cisco & Avaya phones.
- Evaluate scenarios to effectively capture & recommend inputs to help make decision on process exceptions
- Trouble shooting & co-ordination for high impact/severity 1/2 issues & communicating real time updates to the BRC team.
- Hands on experience on IT Support / IT Operations & End to end IT Service Delivery, Shift Management.
- Supporting onboarding New Accounts, managing Ramp Up & Ramp Downs, Account Movements.
- Manage BCP testing & failover by completing/coordinating checkouts on the floor.
- Ensuring compliance and security for the site. Maintaining systems compliance and audits as per COPC, ISO 27001, etc. standards & ensuring 100% contract compliance.
- Hands-on handling of IT Ticket resolutions on ITIL-based framework, maintaining systems compliance and audits to ensure 100% contract compliance.
- Raise change requests with supporting artifacts as defined in the process.
- Installation of PGP encryption software on all the desktop/laptops to ensure compliance.
- Achieving and Maintaining high IT VOC scores from operation teams.
- Rotational Shifts, willing to work predominantly in night shifts, 24/7 environment.
- Excellent Team Management, Team Motivation & Development skills
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 2+ years experience supporting desktop/laptop hardware and software in a Windows-based PC/LAN environment or equivalent
- Hands-on experience in SCCM minimum 2 years.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Computer Science required.
- MCSE or similar certifications preferred.
- Hands-on experience on Desktops & Laptops, Citrix client, both Windows software and hardware.
- Troubleshooting /Problem resolution, Incident Management & Customer Service skills
- Team Work & flexibility to work overtime as needed