The Deskside Support Engineer Provides End User Support Across The Organization’s Desktop, Network, Telephony And Application(S) Environment. The Candidate Will Maintain, Analyze, Troubleshoot And Repair/ Replace/ Upgrade Computer Systems, Hardware, Software And Computer Peripherals, As Well As Serve As An Escalation Point To Ensure Tickets/Incidents Are Resolved According To SLAs. The Position Requires Excellent Communication Skills, Attention To Detail And Problem-Solving Capabilities.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Excellent proven skills on service management fundamentals with hands on expertise in Problem Management, Incident Management, RCA & Ticket Analysis for deskside scoped equipments.
- To support/trouble shooting the local servers and network devices with the help of Network and Servers team remotely. Intermediate knowledge and understanding of Network, Server & Voice infrastructure for strong troubleshooting & problem resolution skills. Adept at Ping & Tracert Analysis, voice infrastructure at deskside level, capturing AD GP test outputs for analysis, troubleshooting DNS resolution errors, use of net commands, IP config etc. & maintaining Hub room and Data Center Structured Cabling.
- Hands on experience on End user computing like Desktops, Laptops, Hard Phones, Wifi devices, etc. on both Hardware & Software aspects.
- Hardware – Expertise In Replacing Motherboard, SMPS, RAM, Laptop LCD Screen, Laptop Keyboard, Avaya Hard Phone Config. Video Conferencing Equipments Etc.
- Software- OS Level Troubleshooting In Win 7 & Win 10, MS Office 2013 & Above Package, Outlook Config, Skype For Business, One Drive, Softphone, Antivirus Troubleshooting, HDD To HDD Imaging / Ghosting, Printer, Scanner, Bio Metric, Data Encryptions, VPN Troubleshooting, Wifi Config, Video Conferencing. Firmware Updates For Deskside Equipment Like Cisco & Avaya Phones.
- Evaluate scenarios to effectively capture & recommend inputs to help make decision on process exceptions
- Trouble shooting & co-ordination for high impact/severity 1/2 issues & communicating real time updates to the BRC team.
- Hands on experience on IT Support / IT Operations & End to end IT Service Delivery, Shift Management
- Supporting onboarding New Accounts, managing Ramp Up & Ramp Downs, Account Movements.
- Manage BCP testing & failover by completing/coordinating checkouts on the floor.
- Ensuring compliance and security for the site. Maintaining systems compliance and audits as per COPC, ISO 27001 etc. standards & ensure 100% contract compliance
- Hands on handling of IT Ticket resolutions on ITIL based framework, maintaining systems compliance and audits to ensure 100% contract compliance.
- Raise change requests with supporting artifacts as defined in the process.
- Installation of PGP encryption software on all the desktop/laptops to ensure compliance.
- Achieving and Maintaining high IT VOC scores from operation teams.
- Rotational Shifts, willing to work predominantly in night shifts, 24/7 environment.
- Excellent Team Management, Team Motivation & Development skills
- Qualifications And Experience Required
- 2+ years’ experience supporting desktop/laptop hardware and software in a Windows-based PC/LAN environment or equivalent
Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Computer Science required.
- MCSE or similar certifications preferred.
- Hands on experience on Desktops & Laptops, Citrix client, both Windows software and hardware.
- Troubleshooting /Problem resolution, Incident Management & Customer Service skills
- Team Work & flexibility to work overtime as needed