- Monitor and maintain the health of plants
- Deal with pest problems that could damage plants
- Perform basic maintenance such as cutting the grass, emptying bins, managing weed control and leaf raking.
- Plant and nurture new trees, flowers, and various plants.
- Work with hand tools and basic light machinery such as plant vehicles, and small diggers.
- Maintain a clean garden by clearing rubbish and litter from the garden and grounds.
- Plants, transplants, fertilizes, applies chemicals, waters, prunes, and weeds flower beds and plant areas.
- Implements detailed landscape plans.
- May assist in various maintenance activities as required.
- Watch & ward duties.
- In-depth knowledge of plants and gardening techniques.
- Solid understanding of health and safety rules and legislation.
- Knowledge of fertilizer and/or pesticide applications.
- Experience as a Gardener
- Extensive knowledge of regional plant life
- Knowledge of synthetic and natural fertilizers
- Knowledge of organic gardening methods and techniques
- Highly Motivated and Ability to Prioritize Efficiently
- Excellent Organisational Skills
- Ability to Work Alone or As Part of a Team
- Enthusiastic and Reliable