- To use an agile and curious mindset to define the UIDAI technology roadmap, for software, hardware, biometrics (including biometric devices) and security.
- Drive Strategic Thinking for UIDAI, including enterprise architecture.
- Leverage innovative technologies to transform UIDAI’s business model, products and services.
- Innovation management and Research & Development (R&D).
- To guide and direct the Biometrics Research project being carried out by IIIT Hyderabad and other R&D projects being contemplated with other premier institutions.
- To guide and direct the Biometrics Research Centre (proposed to be set up).
- To guide and direct the in-house Research & Development (R&D) in Biometrics technology.
- Solution Architecture for new services or redesign/rearchitect existing UIDAI solutions and services.
- Conceive, initiate and conduct proof of concept studies with forward-looking technologies to better meet the organisational goals of UIDAI.
- Not to be involved in day-to-day operational activities, but support expected in handling critical situations like performance issues/capacity constraints etc. which are likely to disrupt or affect operation.
- Direct reporting to CEO, UIDAI.
- Participate and actively help in key technology decisions.
- Lead a team of Software architects, Product Managers, Biometric architects and Security architects.
- Periodically monitor and review all technology projects for quality and timelines.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- At least 20 years of experience in IT and related fields and should have played major technology roles.
- Should be deeply knowledgeable about global best practices in Software, Hardware and Security.
- Should have a proven record of leading technology transformation in organizations.
- Ideally should have deep knowledge of the technologies used in UIDAI.
- Familiarity with Biometric technologies and AI is a plus.
Desired Educational Qualification:
MS/M Tech/ME from one of the top engineering colleges in India or abroad.