For freshers, the thought of job hunting can be daunting. Lack of experience doesn’t open many doors. Not knowing where to start or what to look for is the main challenge that most freshers face.
Enter campus recruitment.
Campus recruitment, wherein companies hunt for talents who have recently graduated or about to graduate, is the perfect opportunity for freshers to find employment.
In this blog, we are going to show you a few tips on how to prepare for and ace the campus recruitment process.
- Resume: A resume is something that is a necessity for a job search. It allows recruiters to know you better to see whether your qualifications and skills are what they are looking for. It should be informative, well-written and well-structured enough to grab the recruiter’s attention. So, it is important that you add your educational background, skills, awards and achievements. Make sure that it is brief and neat and that everything is covered in a page or 2 maximum. Arrange everything in chronological order. Proof read as many times as possible so as not to make any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.
- Research: A day or night before the campus recruitment, get a list of the companies who will be showing up and do a thorough research on the ones you are interested in to see whether they are the right company for you. Go to Glassdoor and check the reviews to get a gist of the company culture and reputation. Check whether they offer benefits and perks for freshers. Also, check the salary offered and see if it meets your expectations. List everything down on your notebook.
- Preparation: Next, prepare for the interview by checking the most common questions asked and start preparing your answers. See to it that your answers are appropriate and to the point. Ask your friends or family members to help you by conducting mock interviews. There are different types of interviews such as one-on-one interviews, group discussion or panel interviews. While practising, make sure that you cover every scenario.
- Documents: A night before the campus recruitment, put all the relevant documents, resume, notebook and pens inside your bag. Take a few copies of your passport size photo and photocopies of your ID card such as your Aadhaar card. Arrange everything neatly in a folder.
- Dress Code: Never underestimate the fact that first impressions last because they really do. Don your nicest clothes. Dress professionally to impress the recruiters.
- Interview: Here are a few interview etiquettes-
- Be confident but not overconfident.
- Smile and show your enthusiasm.
- Listening actively so as to give the right answers.
- Sit straight but not too stiff. Do not slouch.
- Don’t chew anything such as chewing gums.
- Do not play with your hair or the pen you are holding.
- Ask questions. (Remember that you are interviewing them too to see if they are the right company for you).
- Avoid interrupting or talking over the interviewer.
- End the interview on a good note
Now, after the tiring day of interviews, you might want to go home and rest. But, before you do that, send a thank you note to the interviewers and let them know that you are looking forward to hearing from them soon. This way, the recruiters will know that you are a responsible person and serious candidate. Send the thank you email preferably within 24 hours after the interview.
We hope the above tips for campus recruitment help you in landing your dream job.
Best wishes from all of us here at contract-jobs.com.