You may be wondering what exactly is front end development. In layman’s term, front end development includes a user interface, used by consumers on apps and websites.
In this blog, let’s take a closer look at what a front end developer does and the steps to be one.
Who is a Front End Developer?
Roles and responsibilities of a front end developer:
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Work closely with back-end developers and web designers to boost usability.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed.
- Write codes and libraries.
- Use various programming languages to make user-friendly web pages.
- Maintain and improve the company website.
- Design mobile-based features.
- Handle feedback from users and customers.
- Keep up to date with the latest trending technologies.
- Degree in Computer Science or another similar field.
- Knowledge of server-side CSS.
- Communication Skills.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Proficiency in graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Basic knowledge of the principles of SEO.
- Problem-solving skills.
Steps to be a Front End Developer:
Familiarize yourself with Front End networks:
Other important tools and technologies to learn:
Version Control Systems such as GitHub, Mercurial, Beanstalk, among others, are some of the important tools you must take into account if you want to be a successful developer. Knowledge of Testing & Debugging, CSS Preprocessing, Web Performance metrics, Command-Line, Browser Developer Tools are also important.
Keep creating new things:
For the sake of learning, the best way to master your new-found skill is to start building the first responsive elements. The more you build, the more you will learn.
Build a portfolio:
It is through your portfolio that employers will get to know you better professionally. The best way to do this, especially for beginners is to create a simple static website for yourself. There you can showcase all the projects you have completed, your skill sets, and your contact information.
Let your online social presence be known:
Job-oriented online social networking sites such as LinkedIn and Facebook are the perfect place to connect with people in your field and get updates on the latest technology trends. The more you connect with people in your field, the more you will be able to get exposure and learn new things.
Thanks to the advancement of technology, the landscape of front-end development is changing constantly with many frameworks and libraries being introduced. So, the future of front end development is quite stable. Companies are always looking to keep up with the latest tech trends so they are always on the lookout for the best front-end developers.
Well, we hope the above mentioned information helps you in becoming a successful front end developer.