No matter how many times we go through them, interviews can still be nerve-racking, especially for first-timers. Sometimes our nerves and lack of preparation ruin our chances of getting the ideal job.
Gone are the days when one has to go through a face-to-face interview. Due to the outbreak of the vicious COVID-19, maintaining social distancing is a necessity one cannot disregard. As a result, interviews are now conducted virtually.
Now, virtual interviews may be a new experience for most of us and we can only imagine how daunting it can be. But, worry no more.
Virtual Interview Tips
- First, find a corner that is neat and distraction free. A well-lit room is preferable for the interviewer to see you clearly. Ensure that you lock the door from the inside so as to avoid any distraction from your family members or your pet.
- First impressions last. So, even though this may be a virtual interview, you’d still need to dress accordingly. Choose something that shows that you are a professional.
- Update your resume. Highlight the skills that you think would be a good conversation piece during the interview.
- Do a thorough research on the company you are about to interview for. Go through their social media profiles to get a gist of the work environment and management.
- Body language is still very important even in a virtual interview. Make eye contact with the interviewer when you speak and listen. Be comfortable when you sit on your chair but not too comfortable that you slouch.
- Log in early. This will show the interviewer your punctuality and dedication.
- After the interview, make sure you send an email to the interviewer thanking them for their time and that you hope to hear from them soon. This will further show your professionalism.
Well, there you have it, folks! We hope you ace your upcoming interview with the help of the above-mentioned tips.
We wish you all the very best!