The year is coming to an end and no one knows what the future holds. We’re all thinking the same thing: “Will 2021 be as bad as 2020?”
It is the ‘not knowing’ that has us all frantic with fear. Things are not the same anymore. However, one thing that will remain the same in 2021 and the years to come is the high demand for contractual hiring.
That’s right. Between January and July 2020, contract job postings rose by 119%. This is due to the drastic change in the job market due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As contract hire reduces manpower cost and provides flexibility for employers, businesses including small and medium enterprises (SMEs) are more inclined to hire contractual employees as compared to permanent employees.
So, if you’re planning to go for contract jobs, now is a good time as the demand for contractual employees will be in trend in years to come.
Here, we are sharing some important information to guide you in starting a career with contract jobs.
What is a contract job?
A contract job is employment where the manpower is hired for a specific period of time. The duration could last from 1 month to a few years.
What are the benefits of contract jobs?
- With contract jobs, you get the opportunity to work with various employers, thus giving you exposure to different projects & scenarios resulting in the enhancement of your skill sets and experience.
- By working with different employers you get an opportunity to network with the right connections in your concerned work-fields for future references and growth.
- With contract jobs, you get the flexibility to work for a few months and enjoy the remainder of the year doing whatever you want once the contract is over, with your own expenses of course.
- From private to government contract jobs, there are tons of job openings just waiting for you.
Where should I apply for contract jobs?
There are now many online job portals where one can easily register and apply for contract jobs. Job marketplace such as Contract-jobs.com has helped many Indian job seekers in finding contractual employment without much hassle.
Now, follow the steps below to apply for contract jobs:
- Go to Register for Contract Jobs.
- Next, register and verify your contact information such as your phone number and email address.
- Once you’re done with profile verification through phone or email, you can start creating your job seeker profile. Ensure that you fill out all information such as your educational and professional background, skills, achievements, etc. a complete profile will increase your profile visibility to recruiters.
- Now after that’s done, start browsing and applying for the job of your choice.
A few things you need to keep in mind:
- Regular job updates will be sent to you, based on your skill sets and experience.
- Log into your job seeker profile at least for a few minutes every day to let recruiters know that you are actively on a job hunt.
- Keep updating your profile when needed. For instance, when you need to mention new skills or awards you’ve acquired.
- Always be on the lookout for new job postings daily.
- Do check daily to see if you have received any message from the recruitment team and make sure that you send a reply whether you are interested or not.
There you go. We hope this blog helps you in finding the perfect contract job for yourself.
We will leave you here with our best wishes.